The Food Groupie Club

Hi my name is Sarah and I'm addicted to food. I have been a chef professionally for about 12 years now and am currently teaching cooking classes at a culinary school. I seriously love to cook and eat good food. The problem with cooking and eating like the professionals though is that it can be kind of intimidating for a home food enthusiast. My goal is to bring good food into every-day homes. Anyone can make healthy, good quality, good tasting, and good looking food with the right know-how. So here you go....cooking made easy by a professional!

I will be featuring some of my favorite chef's recipes in my posts and will note in the post what book was used. Their books that I use will be listed in my must have cookbooks tab.

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Inspiration

 My main goal with this blog is to help everyone at home realize that good quality tasty food is not out of reach. Hopefully, all you novice cooks out there will see that even you can make some pretty rockin food. Most people are afraid to try "fancy" things because they look like they are difficult to prepare and a lot of the terms used in some of these books might as well be in a foreign language. {and sometimes they really are}  I want to help relieve some of those fears and walk you through the process. Its really not as difficult as it looks.  

On a side note........People always think that since I'm a chef I must eat this nice ALL the time. Sadly no. After looking at food, talking about food, and tasting it all day {I promise, its not as glamorous as it sounds}...... the last thing I want to do after an 11 hour day is come home and cook. We eat a lot of cold cereal at my house. Its sort of like I wouldn't want to  be a housekeeper then come home and clean my own house. The Chef world is amazing, but mostly you are either:

A. Cooking for someone else {and then you usually never eat any of it}
B.  Paying to have someone else cook for you. 

Cooking for yourself rarely happens. I think this is actually the only job out there where you are working with food but will starve because we're too busy to eat.  That is another reason why I want to do this. I want to cook for myself more and actually eat what I cook.  Great, now I can't wait until my first real post. I'll probably do something tomorrow since I'm so excited. I'm gonna get super chubs. Good thing I just started going to the gym again.






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've gotta say somethin'!